GridX is changing the way that people consume energy and paving the way to our clean energy future. We are looking for a head of People Operations that will help build out the organization and establish the processes that unlock the next stage of our growth.
We partner with utilities and energy suppliers to transform their businesses and accelerate the clean energy transition. The company’s Enterprise Rate Platform helps these organizations to develop new products and business models to achieve their clean energy goals; quickly operationalize new offerings in their billing and settlement processes; and better engage with their customers for broader program adoption. GridX’s platform is used by leading utilities, retail energy suppliers and energy ecosystem OEMs to serve more than 19 million homes and businesses.
We’re building a global team of the most talented minds that are aligned around a mission of accelerating the clean energy economy. If you are ambitious, hard-working, and passionate, GridX is the perfect fit for you.
As the VP of People Operations, you will have a real seat at the table to define how the company operates, what we celebrate as our culture, how employees are hired and managed to reach their full potential, and in nearly every aspect of the business. If you are looking for a high-growth opportunity to really put your thumbprint on a business, there are few opportunities that will better fit your needs.
- Help build high performing teams and processes that can scale with the company to become the leader in our space
- The VP of People Operations will lead the development and execution of GridX’s Human Resources long term strategic plan as well as shorter term initiatives in line with our business objectives. We are seeking someone who understands where we are in our evolution as a company, is ready to build the highest performing organization imaginable, excel at this stage of our growth, and proactively plan and prepare for our next stage of growth.
- This role will manage team members in HR and Recruiting and strategically partner with executives and senior leaders. Specifically, this person will manage, improve, and grow all the following core HR and Recruiting areas:
Employee Learning, Development & Retention Programs
- Implement an employee onboarding program to create a delightful new-employee experience
- Partner with executive leadership on key retention strategies
- Review and enhancement of benefits packages as a recruiting and retention tool
- Optimize employee off-boarding processes
- Drive a high performing culture that ensures fairness across the organization
- Provide guidance on employee relations issues in partnership with HR team
- Implement career pathing program as part of employee performance management
- Develop and lead change management and professional development initiatives across the organization
- Select and implement tools required to across all employee development functions
- Help in reviewing and optimizing organizational design to ensure the company is organized in a way that will facilitate decision making and agility
- Develop a competitive and mission appropriate compensation philosophy (base, bonus, equity) and practices to implement philosophy
- Review and improve employee review and performance management processes and artifacts
- Lead all People department-driven events (e.g. compensation and review cycles) and ensure HR processes align with business and operational cadence
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in all employment related aspects of the organization with thorough knowledge in such areas as EEO, Fair Labor Standards, Wage and Hour, FMLA, and other regulatory requirements
- Select and implement tools required to across all HR functions
Recruiting & Talent Acquisition
- Continue to redefine and implement an approach on attracting, hiring, and retaining top talent for GridX
- Partner with outside recruiting firms and/or select new firms to help meet the company staffing and growth needs
- Lead the decision on whether recruiting should be an in-house or contract function
- Select and implement tools required to across all recruiting functions
- Provide leadership, mentoring and development for HR team and build organizational capability and effectiveness
- Provide strategic leadership on diversity and inclusion efforts
- Strong focus on and delivery of internal customer satisfaction
- Work with executive leadership to develop effective internal communications (between and among management and employees) to promote morale and achieve company-wide goals
- Implement a strategic planning process to align all employees on what success looks like, what bonuses are based on, etc.
- Lead initiatives to create a culture of shared values and respect – in short, help (re)define the culture and implement processes and activities to enshrine it
- Implement employee health and motivational activities
- Lead the development of standardized get togethers, team building events, social activities, etc.
- Select and implement tools required to across all culture building and reward/incentive functions
- Experience in M&A and related integration processes and activities
- Experience with growth stage companies and the need to mature quickly
- Experience with change management strategies to ensure that the company isn’t leaving employees behind in our pursuit of growth
Experience & Qualifications
- Ten plus years of progressive HR experience, including prior experience leading the HR function as an executive team member required
- Experience working in technology industry required
- Experience with hybrid onsite/remote work environments
- Experience developing and managing effective incentive compensation, benefits, and reward and recognition programs globally
- Ability to think strategically but also focus on tactical and operational issues
- A track record of building strong, effective teams of people with complementary skills
- Leadership experience developing talent management functions such as diversity and inclusion, learning and development, succession planning and performance management
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels – with the CEO, leadership team, Board of Directors, and employees
- Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to influence a variety of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Organization Development or Human Resources preferred
- Flexible PTO
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Parental Leave
- Be part of creating our clean energy future
GridX is the catalyst of our clean energy future. Utilities and energy technology providers rely on our analytics solutions to tell people exactly what they can expect to pay when making clean energy decisions, like changing to a time-of-use rate plan, buying an electric vehicle, installing solar and more. The result is less strain on the electric grid, happier customers and increased consumer investment in sustainable technologies. Working at GridX puts you at the center of realizing our clean energy future.Apply now by sending your CV