Fast Scaling Startup Looking for a pre-sales Solution Engineer to partner with Sales, Product and Delivery teams to demonstrate GridX software solutions.
GridX, Inc. is the leading provider of Big Data, Cloud-Based Business Operation Support technology to utilities, retail energy suppliers and Community Choice Aggregators (CCA). Our customers include some of the most innovative utilities and CCA’s, which leverage our technology to transform their business models and streamline such business processes as rate design, customer service, billing, settlements and financial planning. Driven by sweeping industry transformation worldwide to combat climate change, the Company is growing rapidly and looking to grow its product delivery team. As a growth-stage startup, the company offers exciting opportunities and a fast-paced working environment where initiative and hands-on work are required.
As a Solution Engineer, you will collaborate closely with account executives, product management, customer success and delivery teams and will leverage your product and industry expertise to demonstrate the analytics and billing capabilities of GridX products, showcase the appropriate solution and establish credibility and trust with our clients.
Responsibilities of a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
- Work closely with our customers to identify and solve their most critical business problems.
- Support the sales team by conducting discovery calls and product demonstrations for our active deals.
- Conduct effective requirements gathering to clearly identify customer problems.
- Build and deliver compelling demonstrations of GridX products.
- Articulate the value of GridX solutions to a variety of audiences.
- Be a lifelong learner and develop your skills continuously.
- Detail GridX’s security posture and respond to security questionnaires
- Manage delivery of Proof Of Concept projects with Customer Success team where necessary to help your customers validate technical requirements
- Contribute to the success of a rapidly growing and evolving organization
- Act as a liaison between Product and Sales, sharing customer feedback to help craft the product roadmap
Qualifications for Solutions Engineer
- Experience in technical fields or utility consulting with a BS degree in Technical fields preferred
- Experience in IT consulting with electric utilities a plus
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure
- Up to date understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and design architecture
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Ability to work with different teams to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan