GridX is a growing startup that is building advanced cloud-based Big Data analytics and billing solutions that enable utilities to provide better energy choices and help transition to a clean energy future.
The role requires a self-starter with a strong desire to learn and collaborate with colleagues in a diverse, fast-moving startup environment. Must enjoy learning and building a rapidly evolving software product.
As the QA Manager, you will build and lead a team in identifying and resolving regressions across the GridX backend data pipeline, rule engine and frontend products. You’ll work on integrating and QA automation features to enable rapid testing and prototyping throughout the development process as well as deploying modern tools and infrastructure to support the CI/CD pipeline. Accountable for driving the day-to-day execution of our QA program and communication with our offshore QA teams, you are an advocate for quality and reliability across multiple products and platforms. Working directly with our Product and Customer Facing team to build and create QA processes for new product and software releases.
To be a successful in this role, you should have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple teams across time zones (US, Europe, and Asia) in a fast paced environment
- Proven abilities in the following disciplines: software test planning, test case creation based on product requirements, test script development and documentation
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Familiarity with microservices architecture, actor-based technologies (Apache Akka), message brokers (RabbitMQ), high performance computing (Apache Spark), Salesforce DC, and standard programming, CI/CD and DevOps practices
- Follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems
- Skills in automation development leveraging orchestration tools and frameworks including Ansible and Jenkins
As the QA Manager, you will:
- Own the QA vision and strategy and be an integral part of the GridX product delivery pipeline
- Lead QA efforts across multiple teams and drive the work to ensure that product and services meet high quality standards
- Build and improve testing processes, automation, documentation, and drive cross-functional collaboration
- Manage multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Hold teams accountable to QA processes
- Be an advocate of the QA process
- Regularly communicate updates to project stakeholders, both internal and external
- Update tracking tools with the latest project information
- Attend QA calls and project risk meetings, surfacing information to stakeholders with enough time to take action
- 5+ years of software QA management experience
- Understanding of the agile software delivery life cycle, tools, process and execution planning
- A strong desire to learn technologies and solve problems.
- Experience in scaling QA teams and operations
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience in the energy industry, utility billing or a demonstrated interest in the energy industry
- 2+ years of experience in the utility meter-to-cash process (e.g., meter data management, utility tariff modeling, customer billing, usage and rate analytics)
GridX, Inc. develops Cloud-based, Big Data solutions delivered as Software as a Service (SaaS). Our mission is to support the worldwide transformation of the energy markets focused on combating climate change, decarbonization and adoption of Distributed Energy Resources (DER).
We are the leading provider of Business Operation Support technology to utilities, retail energy suppliers and Community Choice Aggregators (CCAs). Our customers include some of the most innovative utilities and CCAs, which leverage our technology to transform their business models and streamline business operations as rate design, customer service, billing, settlement and financial planning.
We were named to the top 10 Smart Grid Solutions by Energy CIO Magazine in 2017, won an Innovation Award by DistribuTECH and Supplier Excellence Award by Arizona Public Service in 2019.
As a rapidly growing startup, we are looking for technical and business talent to scale our capability to deliver our industry award winning services. We offer exciting opportunities and a fast-paced working environment where initiative and hands-on work are required.